<VV> generator

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Sun Jul 11 21:37:10 EDT 2010

In reference to rebuilts, the Corvair armature is "special" in that it
has a left hand thread nut to hold the pulley on. This is true of all
the different Corvair generators, short 60, large pulley 64, etc.

A right hand thread armature will work in a Corvair, I have had some
replaced armatures locally back in the 80s when people were still
running generators and the armatures got hard to find. Now they are
plentiful with all the alternator conversions! ggg

Just make sure you have the right nut when you reinstall, it will slow
you up when the nut will not thread on.

I'm sure to hear from the experts on this.

Frank DuVal