<VV> repairing broken exhaust flange studs?

Ray R. (aka Grymm) vairguy at echoes.net
Sun Jul 11 22:50:33 EDT 2010

Hello all,

     All four flange studs are broken on the pair of exhaust logs I have for the 63'... any advice on the best way to do the job?..... particulars on tools would be great!  I already removed the manifolds from the car to make the job easier...   last time I did this (on the 65') I did it on the car... the result was tons of time spent, a sloppy job, and a back sore enough to send me to the emergency room!

Ray "Grymm" Rodriguez III
Lake Ariel, PA
CORSA member
66' Corsa 140/4 coupe
65' Corsa 140/4 coupe (under construction and almost done!)
63' Monza PG coupe (under construction- quickie driver build)