<VV> GM's new feel good warranty program - No Corvair

Grant Young gyoungwolf at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 13 16:17:06 EDT 2010

I thought those of you who own other GM products might like to be aware of, and thus not waste your time with, GM's new good will warranty process. I have a 2006 Silverado SS with 33K that needed a replacement a/c resistor pack (controls the speed of the blower) under warranty in 2008 at 21K. It went out again last month and the dealership advised that I could probably get it replaced free because of the time and mileage and gave me a GM 800 number. What a hoot! I spent a couple of hours over three days returning calls to a woman who barely speaks English (and would not send me an email). On the last day of returned unanswered calls, I had 3 different people in her office looking for her. When I did, she started reading a summary of everything from the last 3 days from a script. I finally had to get the dealership service person to talk to her. Their solution was for me to pay for a diagnostic service ($78) to determine if the part ($62) was defective. Instead, I picked the part up for $52 and replaced it in less than 15 minutes. Wish they had just told me up front what to expect.
Grant