<VV> Fwd: Fwd: 69 A/C Install (JR)

Taruffi57 at aol.com Taruffi57 at aol.com
Thu Jul 15 21:48:34 EDT 2010

JR,

First off, I am posting this reply to V V because I think it's important
that anyone else who is -- doing whatever, same type repair, get all of the
info  on the subject they can.

I thought it was the right thing to do to let this group know that someone
(Cal) DID respond to this issue.
Obviously, someone at Clark's must be monitoring V V.   I also -  twice,
expressed my gratitude for all that Cal & Joan and their crew have  done for
our hobby and I have nothing but the highest respect for them.

Certainly, I understand what a monumental task it has been to get to where
they are with preparation of their extensive catalogs.  And I wouldn't
expect the catalogs to be completely w/o an error here and there.  However,  I
stand by my original statement that a simple explanation of the fact that
THEIR A/C kit and OEM components require different manuals - and that this
should be spelled out in the very front of the A/C section.  Too late now,
but I hope they will do something about it in future catalogs.

I have had several V V members tell me of much difficulty with A/C install
instructions.  I don't know yet, as I am just getting started on  mine.  I
WILL say that I've been fooling with cars for 50 yrs. now   and consider
myself reasonably capable of figuring things out.   I  bought my first Corvair
around 1967 and have owned around 10 of them.

Joe Dunlap
Florida
2 Corvairs