<VV> Parent Drivers - No Corvairs

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Fri Jul 16 23:30:12 EDT 2010

Interesting thinking about this....

My father, a postman...never did anything but maintain  /   light repairs on our cars....never even watched an auto race..not even the Indy 500.

ALWAYS  had to know HOW FAST  each would go...whether it was a '37 Chevy  work car  or even his last car , a '78  Olds Omega v6...

At  77 yrs... by the time he got to my house he reported what the top speed was....car was about 1 week old...

He always loved it when  I would trade my '63 Vette for our '71 Monte Carlo, which he drove regularly, while I went on vacation, etc...

It had 4.11's  and topped out at approx. 115 mph....."so easy to hit top end," he said..

He rode with me in '88  after I purchased an '87 Supra Turbo....we went to Laughlin, NV  for the day...600 miles RT.

He only Flew one time... the Grand Canyon flight...

Thought I was stupid to ride motorcycles..and Dune Buggies...  GGG

So he was typical!! LOL!

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://mysite.ncnetwork.net/reswr0kp/