<VV> Exhaust Plumbing

Smitty vairologist at cox.net
Fri Jul 16 23:31:24 EDT 2010

>> Which leads to the next question...  the headers with the mufflers on
>> them
>> looked pretty self supporting... do they need any kind of hanger at the
>> rear
>> or not?  Doesn't look like it would be needed but I haven't seen them on
>> car yet.
Smitty Says;   This is probably the most important and most often neglected
aspect of adding a left pipe to a low performance engine.  If you want the
installation to be trouble free then you must support the rear of the pipes
with brackets attatched to the engine,not the bodywork.  When the engine
moves on the mounts the pipes must move with the engine.