<VV> And you wonder why our Postal Service Loses money

Bill H. gojoe283 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 17 22:19:02 EDT 2010

                                                                B"H

The post office service in my neighborhood totally sucks.  We moved into our
home in 1987; were told that no longer will mail be delivered to homes directly
for new construction.

So they put up these cheap metal "cluster boxes" at the curb, about 1 box for
each 6 houses, each 12 tiny cubbies for each resident (each house is a 2
family).  Not only do large envelopes get stuck, in the cubbies, but the boxes
get vandalized, they're rusting, bent over from cars bumping into them, and
worst of all, the postman keeps putting the wrong mail in the wrong cubby (they
have a key to open the large back door of the unit).

When we complained, they told us WE are reponsible to keep the boxes in good
condition, and if they get too damaged, the post office will refuse to deliver
our mail.

I won't even go into what horrible experience going to post office is, but if
you must around here, bring a couple of novels to read while you're waiting on
line...Bill Hershkowitz 69 Monza Coupe 110 PG Brooklyn, New York