<VV> Postal Service

Byron Comp byron.comp at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 18 08:23:29 EDT 2010

>Message: 9
>Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2010 18:34:05 -0700
>From: "Charles Lee" <Chaz at ProperProper.com>
>Subject: Re: <VV> And you wonder why our Postal Service Loses money
>   (CorvairPart)
>To: "Mike Moyer" <vairvert67 at yahoo.com>,    "virtual vairs"
>    <virtualvairs at corvair.org>
>
>That's one reason, but another is that a friend of mine was a mail carrier
>for 3 years, went out on disability (too tired to work) and has been on
>$1400 / month disability leave until she retires in another 10 years, when
>she'll collect $1900 for the rest of her life.
>
>So I don't mind paying half a buck for a letter to take a Tijuana taxi ride,
>since I know it's paying for her life style ....

While it is undoubtedly true that the Postal Service suffers perhaps an unequal
amount of employee abuse than other large industries, IT IS NOT TRUE that all
Postal employees practice that kind of abuse.  My son has worked for the post
office for over 20 years now in two different states and is still one of the
hardest worker I know, and I'm trying very hard not to let my bias show.  He was
recently transferred to the largest sorting facility known in the Pontiac, MI
area running a new sorting machine.  He wore a pedometer the first several
nights and found he was walking between 9 and 12 miles per night in learning the
routine; it has now settled down to 7 mi during his 8-hr shift.  So, don't judge
all employees or the company they work for by a few bad examples.

Byron Comp
'64 Monza Vert-in-progress
Gainesville, FL