<VV> PARTS Cleaner update

Louis Armer carmerjr at mindspring.com
Sun Jul 18 19:47:08 EDT 2010

Thanks to all for their input on filtering used mineral spirits from
my parts cleaner.
Here are the results:

I had some limited success with the coffee filter idea but the
filters tended to clog quickly and they didn't filter out much contaminants.

I had several NOS paper vacuum filter bags which although bigger
exhibited the same problem as the coffee filters.

12 hours or more of undisturbed "settling" in the plastic and metal
gallon containers seem to do as much or more to remove the
particulate contaminants as either of the filter methods.

I have about 4 remaining gallons in "settling" stage which I will add
to the current reclaimed MS in another 12+ hours.

Rick Norris recommended Northern's filter kit which is $50 plus
shipping but several reviews by users besides Rick were not very positive.

Once again, Thanks to everyone who gave suggestions.

Chuck Armer

CORSA Member
Corvanatics Member
Corvair Atlanta Director