<VV> PARTS Cleaner update

deltainc deltainc at grm.net
Mon Jul 19 18:55:10 EDT 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Louis Armer" <carmerjr at mindspring.com>
Subject: <VV> PARTS Cleaner update

> Thanks to all for their input on filtering used mineral spirits from
> my parts cleaner.
**********
Well, here is another shot at it, I use this system to clean fuel that has
been in tanks for a while.  pumps out, thru filter, and back into tank or
external container.  takes longer to clean if you keep recirculating, but
don't advise leaving this running by itself for long, safety first.

Not so cheap, tho, unless you have these gadgets laying around anyway.
A low pressure ( 6-15 lbs ) electric fuel pump ( $40 at  o reilleys. )
6 feet of rubber fuel line and handful of hose clamps, worm gear type.
big " sintered metal " type inline fuel filter.

cut 3 ft of line for input side, 3 ft for output side.
I use the filter on the output side, but depending on fuel pump, might be ok
on input side.
Reverse flush the filter when done, the sintered bronze types will last
forever.

I am sure there are variations.  watch for the sparks when attaching to
source batttery, around gasoline.

regardez, ken at deltawerkes