<VV> fuel tank senders

lewisrishel lewrish at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 20 12:39:45 EDT 2010

Having been in the fuel tank sender repair business for lo these many years,
and having cutaway tanks in which I can view the positions of parts, I can
see that the unit pick up tube is positioned from 1/2 " to 1 " above the
tank bottom. This due to tank and sender manufacturing differences.
So 4 gallons at empty could easily be correct, but if the pickup tube is
positioned high, you could still not get any fuel to the engine.
So, its not any more expensive to fill the top half of the tank than the
bottom. And less likely to strand you on the higway.
Lew