<VV> (no subject)

Brian bmoneill at juno.com
Thu Jul 22 10:49:40 EDT 2010

The Northeast Corvair Council (NECC) is considering  conducting another Corvair Olympics in 2011.  The first Olympics was a three day event beginning on a Thursday with time trials; drag racing on Friday and an autocross and show on Saturday.  And to cap it all off an informal awards banquet on Saturday night.
This format proved to be a huge success.  It was noticed that many of the participants brought family members and made it a mini-vacation.  For the next Olympics the NECC is considering adding a “Family Day”.  On this day we would let the cars rest and do fun things like a sightseeing road rally, bus tour to local attractions or some other type of activity. Our concept now is that this would be the second day following the time trials.
The location of the next Olympics isn’t completely settled nor is the schedule of events.  We are looking now for input from our participants about this idea of adding a family day.  Of course this would increase the costs because of another night in a hotel and other incidentals.
Please send us your comments to help us plan another outstanding events.  Thanks.