<VV> 1967 Corvair Monza fuel pump now the ole electric vs mechanical

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Sat Jul 24 09:52:32 EDT 2010

No one disputes electric pumps are safe on new cars that were designed
for them. Not part of the discussion here pertaining to Corvairs.

We are discussing the missing safety items most people leave off when
installing electric pumps in Corvairs. And you  can count me guilty as
charged for many I ran in the eighties.

A $70 mechanical pump and 5 minutes of time is way cheaper than the
electric pump and safety accessories and time to install them all.

Of course you may not ever need to do it again...

Hence the big electric vs mechanical debate raging here for years! ggg

Frank DuVal