<VV> Overheating - Deflashing Heads

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Mon Jul 26 19:06:52 EDT 2010

Hi Bill,

A few thoughts.  First, you do have to take the top and lower shrouds off to de-flash.  I think for in the car a good tool would be a keyhole saw, you can find some other info here that may help:

http://autoxer.skiblack.com/heads.html#cooling

I would change the oil right away, if it did get that hot it hurt the oil.

Good luck!

--Bryan