<VV> Overheating - Oil leak

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 27 13:32:04 EDT 2010

>I've never heard of a oil leak causing a cooling problem.

Ah, city boys ...

Drive down dirt roads on occasion, because that's where you live, or you
spent the summer up at the cabin by the lake, and what you will discover
is that that oil leak is a glue that sticks dust onto stuff in rather
thick layers, and I could see this build-up developing to the point
where it covered the cooling passages.  Can't cite any known instances
of such occurring in Corvairs, but it probably has.