<VV> exhaust manifold seal removal tips?

Ray "Grymm" Rodriguez vairguy at echoes.net
Tue Jul 27 20:59:44 EDT 2010

Hey guys,

     I'm trying to put the new exhaust on the 63, but having a terrible time trying to remove the old exhaust donuts... they look to be original and getting off the first one took 20 minutes of prying and scraping.  I've never had such a hard time with these probably because all the ones I've removed before were graphite replacements.

Any advice on the best way to remove these?  Keep in mind I'm crawling around on my back under the car.

Ray "Grymm" Rodriguez III
Lake Ariel, PA
CORSA member
66' Corsa 140/4 coupe
65' Corsa 140/4 coupe (under construction and almost done!)
63' Monza PG coupe (under construction- quickie driver build)