<VV> exhaust manifold seal removal tips?

BBRT chsadek at comcast.net
Tue Jul 27 21:36:31 EDT 2010

You take a little chisel or old screw driver and tap-tap-tap around the
center portion and the junk falls on the floor. You clean it up and install
new ones. You get pretty good doing things under the car, on your back or
side. You can try the right or left side position, depending on either your
preference or side of the car you are working. The adventurous lie directly
lengthwise all the way to the bell housing - like we did at Roebling Roads.
If you prefer, you can lie across underneath and work to one side. Others
prefer for oil, debris, fluids to drip out on their chest. It is really up
to you. Of course there are still others who prefer to sit in an easy chair
and watch, offering advice while sipping a cool one. If there are enough
workers, you sort of have a formation of bodies splayed with legs protruding
from various aspects of the car underside, generally in the back leaning
rest position.... <VBG>
Chuck S