<VV> Insulation or Jute Padding

jimster1 jimster1 at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 27 22:36:55 EDT 2010

How about a heat gun to soften the goop.  A suggestion for even more quiet.
Get some Peel 'n Stick from Home Depot or whoever sells roofing supplies.
It's a multi layer material with adhesive backed mastic with an aluminum
foil upper surface.  It comes in a roll about 6-7" wide and is CHEEP.  Stuck
to your floors, door interiors etc, it takes the drumming out of the sheet
metal.  Lay your Dynamat on top of this.  You won't believe how quiet your
car will become.  I have a '66 Turbovert and the only mechanical noise comes
in through the soft top.  It's quieter than my Cadillac.
Jim (About ready to treat my Caddy with the same process)