<VV> advice request on first headliner install (early coupe)

Shaun shaun_mcgarvey at shaw.ca
Wed Jul 28 08:35:40 EDT 2010

There is a trick to removing the donuts that usually works if they are
largely intact when you remove the manifold, drive a small screwdriver
straight up between the stack and donut with a hammer. This will break the
bond all the way around the stack usually with just one shot, then you wrap
your hand around the donut and twist it off.
Don't start chipping it off, or you'll have to chip the whole thing off one
piece at a time, which you sometimes have to do anyway. I use that same
small screwdriver to scrape the stack scrupulously clean, and a wire wheel
on a drill for the manifold.

yea, Vairily ... Shaun