<VV> advice request on first headliner install (early coupe)

vair140 at aol.com vair140 at aol.com
Wed Jul 28 08:49:37 EDT 2010

Hi Ray,

This is no help to install but advise.  Your install will probably look OK but not perfect.  I did all my interior work but the headliner.  I have a 65 4 door and was able to locate 1 piece of headliner NOS because none of Clarks are the correct pattern for the 65 saddle interior and a trim shop did a perfect job. (they gave me a Corvair discount also).
Floor sticky I removed with a wire wheel on a drill and cleaned it and painted it with POR15 as I did the whole underside.  DO NOT glue down the new carpet.  I used the diyna mat in the doors but the floor would have been too thick for my seat bolts so I just used the Clark's carpet ontop of the floor.

Regards,

Guy Brandes

"unsafe at any speed" for over 50 years

In the next day or so I'll be starting to install my new interior.. and my
biggest concern here is the headliner.  Can anyone give me (or direct me to)
some good advice on how to do this?  It's my first one.  This is an early coupe,
but I'll be doing the 65' Corsa later this year as well.  I've seen lots of
goofed up headliners and I don't want mine to become one of them!

I'm also going to be installing all new upholstery, door panels (transferring my
old nail strips), and carpet from Clarks.....   these are nearly all new things
for me to try so any advice is welcome, but the headliner is the one thats
really got me worried.

Ray "Grymm" Rodriguez III
Lake Ariel, PA
CORSA member
66' Corsa 140/4 coupe
65' Corsa 140/4 coupe (under construction and almost done!)
63' Monza PG coupe (under construction- quickie driver build)
 __