<VV> Fw: 100 Amp Alternator Option/Idle charging

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Thu Jul 29 10:55:33 EDT 2010

I don't have my catalogue available (somewhere in the basement--that's what
 I get for only partially reorganizing), but a good rule of thumb is
alternator  pulley size.  If the new, higher output, alternator has a smaller
diameter  pulley than the Corvair's then you will need a faster idle to energize
the  alternator.  The minimum RPM for a 63amp alternator--if I remember
correctly--is 1500RPM (that's alternator RPM).  I have run a 63A alt. on my
Greenbrier for almost 20 years with no problems except occasionly at idle and
 high load conditions.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair
Corvanatics
CORSA

In a message dated 7/29/2010 12:44:29 AM Eastern Daylight Time,