<VV> OT: longest-running US car model?

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 30 12:58:41 EDT 2010

Looks like a somewhat "checkered" history from Wikipedia (GRIN), but it
looks as if they built taxis (cars) from 1922 to 1959.

An excerpt:
>From 1922 until 1959 Checker's production vehicles were built almost
exclusively for the commercial livery (taxi) business, although cars for
personal use were available on request. Checker entered the consumer vehicle
market when it saw purchases of its taxis decline.

Later, JR