<VV> Prius Battery Re: American cars

Gary Swiatowy gswiatowy at rochester.rr.com
Tue Jun 1 05:02:42 EDT 2010

There are a lot of false misconceptions regarding the nature of the Prius
battery, including costs of replacements.
First, the hybrid traction battery comes with a 8 year 100,000 mile full
replacement warranty. That is not pro-rated, but full replacement. In
California, the warranty is for 150,000 miles.
Costs for a new replacement are around $2500. But there are plenty of used
batteries from wrecks selling for a lot less than that.
>From what can be determined, the battery lasts well over 150,000 miles as
Toyota has not been replacing them left and right under warranty.
It is not a lithium ion battery either.

There is a world of info on the internet, including priuschat.com.

Gary Swiatowy

From: frankcb at aol.com
Subject: <VV> Prius Battery Re:  American cars
To: garyswiatowy at rochester.rr.com, virtualvairs at corvair.org

Gary,
???? The lithium ion battery in my laptop lasted only 3 years before I had
to replace it, but that cost less than $ 100.? When will you have to replace
your much larger Prius battery and at what cost????
Frank "looking at long term cost" Burkhard