<VV> Setting the Timing

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 1 13:27:53 EDT 2010

"Ping" is the sound you hear during pre-detonation.  So, they are
essentially the same thing.  Most noticeable during acceleration and if you
drive along the lane near a retaining wall and wind up the engine, you can
hear it in the echo off of the wall.  Sounds a bit like loose marbles in the
combustion chambers.  Dual exhaust?  Try it on both sides of the road
(divided highway) and/or under a bridge.

If your engine is less than a 110HP, you may not need 93 octane.  Your call
on that.

Later, JR