<VV> noise- PS

Ray R. (aka Grymm) vairguy at echoes.net
Wed Jun 2 02:43:29 EDT 2010

Also since there is an off chance it may be related to the other noise.. I still get a vibration often that I can't track down when I'm stopped with the engine running and the clutch depressed.  I already took out, inspected and even swapped my flywheel for a known quiet one and it made no difference.  I changed the clutch....   pilot bushing is new, throwout bearing is new....  I suspect the flywheel I currently have in might be a Dale rebuilt unit because its an even sound when cranking as opposed to the up and down cranking sound I'm used to from vairs.

I have not yet dropped the tunnel cover off the bottom to see if the cable maybe is rattling against something.  The sound bounces all over the place so I can't figure out where it is coming from.. I've even been under the car while it was making the rattle and still couldnt tell... it comes from everywhere!  It sounds like a light metal on metal rattle.

Ray "Grymm" Rodriguez III
Lake Ariel, PA
CORSA member
66' Corsa 140/4 coupe
65' Corsa 140/4 coupe (under construction and almost done!)