<VV> corvair values and theft/loss

Ray R. (aka Grymm) vairguy at echoes.net
Wed Jun 2 02:48:09 EDT 2010

Just wanted to mention to you guys...

My insurance agent is someone I used to have a good business relationship with so maybe I get preferential treatment... but when I insured my 66' Corsa with State Farm they automatically did a "stated value" policy for me which I really liked..   There is always a fear that the insurance company will total out a car and give us nowhere near what we feel it's worth!  I also feel their rates are very reasonable (for someone with a clean record.. dunno about other situations)... they saved me quite a bit over my last insurer... I also had a claim last year on a non-corvair and they gave me a very fair settlement price.. better than I expected.

Speaking of which, now that the car is finished and painted I have to call and up the value (and my rate!).

Ray "Grymm" Rodriguez III
Lake Ariel, PA
CORSA member
66' Corsa 140/4 coupe
65' Corsa 140/4 coupe (under construction and almost done!)