<VV> Things to do.... in "Indy"

Tom Miller tomill at att.net
Thu Jun 3 10:42:41 EDT 2010

Greetings from Indianapolis,

I want to take this opportunity to give everyone planning to attend the
Corvair Convention Caravan weekend a hearty Hoosier welcome. The Circle
City Corvair Club is looking forward to being your host for this fun
filled weekend. Our club of approximately 90 members is preparing to
extend our Hoosier hospitality to make your trip to Indianapolis and on
to Cedar Rapids, Iowa a memorable one. As you may already know, on
Saturday we have planned a car show and a visit to a large, local car
museum followed by a short trip to one of the largest cruise-ins in the
Midwest.

We have lots of events planned as you may have read on the various
caravan websites and in some of the publications and forums. For those
of you who might be interested in coming to town a day or two earlier,
you will find that Indianapolis has lots to offer. I want to let you
know about some of those attractions so maybe you will consider spending
some extra time with us. Of course the Indianapolis Motor Speedway is
known as the Racing Capital of the World. There are tours of the
Speedway and the 500 Museum that you will find quite interesting. Some
other areas of interest are Lucas Oil Stadium, home of the Indianapolis
Colts and the 2012 Super Bowl, the Indianapolis Children's Museum which
is the largest of its kind in the nation, NCAA headquarters and the NCAA
Hall of Champions, the wonderful Indianapolis Zoo, historic Monument
Circle, Eiteljorg Museum of American Indian and Western Art, and for the
shoppers, downtown's Circle Center Mall. For a relaxing walk around
downtown, you might want to visit our Canal Walk and White River Gardens
which are part of White River State Park. All of these venues are
located downtown or within an easy 15 minute drive.

All of this will be capped off by the gathering on Sunday morning in
preparation for what I hope will be the largest Corvair caravan and road
trip ever. Please consider spending time with us for what I believe
could be a trip to remember for a long, long time. See you in June.

Ron Bunten

President

Circle City Corvairs