<VV> Drip Drip on our feet

kenpepke at juno.com kenpepke at juno.com
Thu Jun 3 08:31:14 EDT 2010

I have replaced the lower windshield channel on a LM.  I have gone so far as to hand form [break & stretch / shrink tool] and brass plate the replacement piece.  I brazed the replacement piece to the body and painted the area inside and out.  I was more than a little disappointed
to learn, after 6 years standing outside, my repair had failed, as had the original.
Ken P

Tony Underwood <tony.underwood at cox.net> wrote:  [in part]

This, after replacing that trouble-maker lower windshield panel which
is NOT an easy repair no matter how good you are, especially if
Nature had already been there before you.   Done it twice, once on
the '65 Corsa ragtop and once on another guy's 'Vair.   I had to do
some hammer/dolly and selective shrinking work to warp the panel into
correctly fitting the car.

tony..