<VV> ANY model engine removal question

Mark Corbin airvair at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 3 18:18:15 EDT 2010

See comments in text:

Experience is the best teacher. Or so the saying goes. LOL Anyone breaking
a snout for the first time will probably not break another one..... (G)

> >But I'd still rather contend with the LM's axle hardware than the
infernal
> >EM perimeter seals.
> >
> Again, personal preference -- I don't find the early seals difficult,
> maybe it has to do with where one lives?
>
> Bill Strickland

Maybe it's because all the daily driver EM's I've ever seen around here had
perimeter seal screws rusted on/off, retainer strips rusted into pieces or
worse, staples rusted away, and more. The EM system is only good if it's
pristine, and doesn't weather winter salt baths very well.

-Mar