<VV> more perimeter seals & staples

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Thu Jun 3 19:35:52 EDT 2010

Mark and I have been ribbing each other on these early perimeter seals.
He keeps harping on what nimrod stapled the rubber to the sheetmetal.
Yes, it does seem an odd way to mount them, and a pain to make staples
out of wire to replicate the installation during repair, but...

This is how all the rubber strips were mounted on all GM cars of the
period. What rubber strips you say? The water/rain shields on the inner
fenders above the control arms.

So, GM used existing technology to build the Corvair.

Later they actually put some thought into it and designed the late
perimeter seal..

That's my story and I'm sticking to it! ggg

Frank DuVal