<VV> Hard starting

Gary Swiatowy gswiatowy at rochester.rr.com
Sun Jun 6 15:45:52 EDT 2010

I have a 66 Monza, 110 4-speed
When cranking over to start, it cranks really slow.
Changed batteries, changed starters(used) no difference.
Cleaned battery cables.
Battery I installed was from my 67 Monza that cranked over fine.(automatic)
Did notice though, that size of battery cables are a little less than
original.
Not a car I put together.
Drove car on a mini vacation this weekend, it did start every time, but
cranking was really slow. Almost scarry, especially during a downpour. It
was a wet weekend.

Looking ideas.

Gary Swiatowy

PS. It was a rainy weekend, left a car show this morning after being there
only a few hours for the 2 hour drive home. A couple times, the car acted
like it was dying. Bucking and missing.
But, it was also leaking rain under the dash!
Could it have been shorting the ignition switch?
Other than that, it made it home the 2 hour drive no problem