<VV> PS-140 performance upgrades

kevin nash wrokit at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 7 11:05:22 EDT 2010

> Message: 9
> Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2010 19:59:53 -0700
> From: "Ron" <ronh at owt.com>
> Subject: Re: <VV> PS- 140 performance upgrades
> To: "Ray R. \(aka Grymm\)" <vairguy at echoes.net>,
> <virtualvairs at corvair.org>
>
> (what I'd be interested in is mostly 1/4 mile and 0-60 "off the line"
> performance.. )
>
> If that's what you're interested in, don't look at Corvairs!
>
> RonH

  Ron-

A friend of mine ran 14's in the quarter mile with his 140 a few years ago, all he did to do this was to

be correctly geared and to mess with his stock carburetors, and put a proper radius on the bottom of

the carb mounting pads on the intake manifold (work he did himself), which improves the mid-range performance

a bunch. He took his car to a "aircooled only" drag race, and after blowing off a bunch of vw's, got banned

from running his corvair!

Kevin