<VV> Nylock Nuts

Jim Houston jhouston001 at cfl.rr.com
Mon Jun 7 18:35:50 EDT 2010

"Distorted-thread Hex Lock Nuts" are referred to in aviation as "High
temp" self locking nuts.  They are used in places where the temps
involved would melt the nylon out of a nylock type self locking nut..
They are also sometimes called "Jap" nuts (don't ask me why - I don't
have a clue).. but, they are lighter than conventional nuts so when you
are talking about something like a C5A, you are talking about a
substantial weight savings..

Jim Houston