<VV> Convention highlights/ 50 years

levair at aol.com levair at aol.com
Wed Jun 9 11:45:47 EDT 2010

These could be the year of the "Earlies".
As I was driving my 61 Rampside to get fuel, driving my  63 Spyder to
town, walking past Sharon's  62 wagon, preparing my 1960 Vintage car,
while looking over at my early Roadster, I thought , maybe this
convention is the year of the "earlies". Then I walked over to
Michael's shop where he is preparing a customer's early convertible for
street/competition(disc brakes, improved suspension, more engine, roll
bar); now I'm convinced----year of the "earlies"
     Then I heard that the '62 Corvair Laboa may be there. Then I heard
 from the California owner of the 1962 Piranaha "Man From Uncle" car.
Yes, year of the "earlies"
    The competition starts with the earlies at Marshalltown; Dallas,
Kalp, Loving, Smitty, etc.
The early battle may even overshadow the "Fast and Furious" battle of
the 7 cylinder cars of the likes of Michael L. and David C.
     There's no reason why earlies could not win the Concours, Rally,
and Econorun also.
    We may even have "early" music if Phil "violinist" Raker can join
us.
Watch out "lates" here we come!

Warren