<VV> FC ENGINE HEAT

Larry Forman larry at forman.net
Thu Jun 10 15:37:03 EDT 2010

Actually there is one more item that is important to check.   The Greenbrier
and possibly all other FCs had a fiber or rubber type of mat glued to the
inside of the sheet metal roughly at the air inlet grill areas.   Mike
Peters, when he had Corvair Country, warned me about this many years ago
when I had just gotten my Greenbrier.   I checked and sure enough, the
padding had come loose.   When that happens, it can (and sometimes did)
block the air inlets to the engine.   This has caused some engines to
overheat and self-destruct, according to Mike at that time.   I removed my
padding by catching part of it and pulling it out as I sliced it into small
pieces.   There might be an easier way to remove it.

 Larry