<VV> corvair "yenko stinger/fitch sprint" misnomer model on ebay!

Ray R. (aka Grymm) vairguy at echoes.net
Sat Jun 12 04:06:04 EDT 2010

Many of you have probably run accross this kit before but it's the first time I saw it and I thought many here would be interested.

Take a look at this ebay item http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220617448331&_trksid=p2759.l1259 .

It's a vintage AMT plastic model kit of a Corvair.... but the box is clearly lableled "Yenko Stinger", and yet the picture on the box and the model kit are CLEARLY a fitch sprint... complete with not only the fitch roof but also the standard green and black Fitch Sprint paint job!

I wonder if anything came of this.. seems Fitch could really have made a fuss at the time if he wanted to.... and don't these companies have to buy the rights to produce models like this???  Who got paid?  Fitch or Yenko? LOL!!

I'm almost tempted to buy it as a curiosity.. maybe I'll make a bid.

Ray "Grymm" Rodriguez III
Lake Ariel, PA
CORSA member
66' Corsa 140/4 coupe
65' Corsa 140/4 coupe (under construction and almost done!)
63' Monza PG coupe (next project)