<VV> Meeting John Fitch

Frank F Parker fparker at umich.edu
Sat Jun 12 09:54:30 EDT 2010

Race is 45 min old and Mansell crashed and I heard John Fitch was upstairs
so during the yellow I went upstairs and was able to talk to him for over
5 min. Cool guy and looked real good. Talked about corvairs and he talked
about using 4 pri carbs on 140 hp and how they ran better and got better
mileage. Showed him my projects stock turbo & ns and he liked.
He was signing autographs and watching race on big screen. He could look
straight down into our pits for pit stops.
Very friendly.

Almost got to ride in 1960 LeMans corvette down the pit straight with the
2 current cars to give Johnny O radio briefs from the photographer. Lost
my chance when he thought it would look wierd with a passenger. I should
have said I would sit under dash in passenger well.

regards to all,

green just rewaved, back to work.

frank