<VV> '65 Monza 140hp

shortle shortle556 at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 12 12:54:48 EDT 2010

About 30 years ago I owned a '65 Corvair 500 w/ 3 speed manual trans. This car had factory A/C. I know of a Corsa member in Albuquerque with a '66 500 4 door. This car has a 140, factory A/C, with PG. I'm sure it was ordered that way but I'm sure GM put some of these combos together for the dealers to have more of a variety as Tony mentions. But did a dealer install engines as an option "out of the crate" for someone that wanted that particular combination? I could see a dealer removing an engine from 1 new car and switching it with another new car but out of a crate? That I could not see happening. My question: Was an engine option on the dealer level available or was it ordered from the factory ONLY?
Timothy Shortle in Durango Colorado