<VV> '65 Monza 140hp

Mark Corbin airvair at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 13 09:47:20 EDT 2010

Possible, though the smogger/air bracket had an auxilary bracket welded to
it on which to mount the smog pump. I've only seen one in the flesh and out
of a car. Mike McKeel put it in a '69 that we a/c'd some time before '81.
That's the last time I had a chance to compare one to a non-smog bracket,
so it's been a while. There may have been some cut off the high-mount
bracket to make room for the smog pump addition.

It may have also have had something to do with the special dual-pulley
compressor and its spacing.

Of course, they may have had all the above in mind, while the 140
cancellation came later on. In which case the changes were already in the
works to provide for the 140-ready bracketry across the board, only to not
be needed in the end.

-Mark