<VV> pulley source?

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Mon Jun 14 00:53:35 EDT 2010

In a message dated 6/13/2010 5:58:51 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
HallGrenn at aol.com writes:

Seth,

You want a AC pulley that is different from the stock AC pulley?  Do  you
need a different diameter to drive the aftermarket compressor?

Bob

Bob - The car that I am working on was an original 65 A/C car. Somewhere -
way before it came to me - the owner swapped in a 66 condenser and an
aftermarket compressor. He managed to strip the mounting holes in the head as
well, but that is another issue. The stock A/C pulley sits about 1/8" from
the motor mount, making it impossible to put any belt on. Since I will be
"relocating" the compressor, when I can fix the heads, I want to try to  move
it all forward a little, closer to the balancer. That would give me enough
room to change the belt. I know that since there has been a trend to  add
A/C to cars which didn't have it, originally, there might be another  pulley
around which would fit "closer" to the balancer.  That is what I am  seeking.
The same diameter as stock would be fine. I might also try to modify a
stocker.

Seth  Emerson

C's the Day! - Corvair,  Camaro, Corvette

San Jose, CA