<VV> pulley source?

Louis Armer carmerjr at mindspring.com
Mon Jun 14 17:09:01 EDT 2010

Seth et al, Has anyone checked to see if there is enough additional
clearance on the engine side of an original Harmonic balancer
assembley to remove shaft material on the engine side and gain the
needed clearance between the motor mount and the ac pulley ??? Duh
.........you know enquiring minds wonder about everything !!! <GGG>

da Chuckster
Chuck Armer
//////////////////////////////////////////////

At 12:53 AM 6/14/2010, you wrote:
>big snip
>
>Bob - The car that I am working on was an original 65 A/C car. Somewhere -
>way before it came to me - the owner swapped in a 66 condenser and an
>aftermarket compressor. He managed to strip the mounting holes in
>the head as
>well, but that is another issue. The stock A/C pulley sits about 1/8" from
>the motor mount, making it impossible to put any belt on. Since I will be
>"relocating" the compressor, when I can fix the heads, I want to try to  move
>it all forward a little, closer to the balancer. That would give me enough
>room to change the belt. I know that since there has been a trend to  add
>A/C to cars which didn't have it, originally, there might be another  pulley
>around which would fit "closer" to the balancer.  That is what I am  seeking.
>The same diameter as stock would be fine. I might also try to modify a
>stocker.
>
>Seth  Emerson

CORSA Member
Corvanatics Member