<VV> funny story, chevy but no corvair (no corvair, humor)

Ray R. (aka Grymm) vairguy at echoes.net
Mon Jun 14 23:28:13 EDT 2010

<<I'm sending this to VV in addition to the fellow I was conversing with because though its off topic some of you might enjoy it!>>

I've got a friend with a 96 Impala SS he ordered new.. nice car!

Funny story actually.. this guy was a Jersey city cop... when the car was new he laid a nice pair of rubber stripes when leaving a traffic light...   he got pulled over and the cop said "What the hell do you think you're doing?"...   He showed his badge and replied "Testing the positraction".... and the officer smiled and bid him a good day......  Now keep in mind I heard this story from the passenger who was in the car with him... he's an older gent and would never admit to such behaviour!

Well 12 years later my girlfriend is his BOSS at his post-retirement job working an auto parts counter.....  my girlfriend has heard this favorite story of mine from my lips several times......  Well you know hot rod kids and auto parts stores....  so one day some teenager lays a massive strip of rubber while exiting the parking lot.... and Mr. Retired ex cop grumbles and says something like "Damned idiot kids".....   My girlfriend without missing a beat says... "What?  He was just testing the positraction" with a dead straight face......   you can imagine the shade of red he turned!  Wish I was there to see it instead of just hearing the story 10 times from every employee who was present!  He's an awesome guy.. best sense of humor I've ever known... guess thats why he's about 65 and married to a knockout blonde who's 33  =).  His fat pension helps too I'm sure!

Ray R.