<VV> The mind is a machine?

Wildman, Kenneth k-wildman at onu.edu
Tue Jun 15 18:04:16 EDT 2010

There is more to Psychology than couches.

Research psychologists study many areas that involve physiology, as well
as human and animal learning, social behavior, etc.  Often experiments
require elaborate apparatus.

My research was in basic physiological processes of vision (the degree
was actually in Psycho-Biology).  We built our own optical systems,
fabricating lens holders, filter holders, beam-splitter mounts, etc.

Our department at FSU was heavily into research.  So much so that the
department employed a machinist and an electronics technician just to
help build equipment.  Many faculty and most grad students made their
own stuff.

Ken

P.S.  I never built a couch.   :)