<VV> The mind is a machine? (no corvair)

Ray R. (aka Grymm) vairguy at echoes.net
Tue Jun 15 18:53:17 EDT 2010

I have some serious psych issues and I'm the type of guy who does a lot of
research to learn about the problem and try find ways to make it better....
I have some problematic health issues that have been present much of my life
that it turns out are most likely very closely related.  Check this out!

It's amazing when you start to actually track the connections between
various problems... it really demonstrates how the human body is a machine,
and the mind is part of it  (the ECM if you will =)

I have severe bi-polar disorder

My body temperature averages 1 to 2 degrees below average.. which has been
linked to psych disorders.  I once viewed a monitor with an infrared camera
aimed at myself    and the room full of people I was in...  Everyone else
was red with yellow patches on their face, I was yellow with a little red
and blue patches where my sinuses are etc.  I visited the ER for back pain
the other night and my temperature was recorded by the nurse as 96.7 degrees
F.  By the way this was the first ER visit of my life.

I suffer from "reverse" SAD (seasonal affective disorder) where my
depression cycle comes and extends through every summer... most likely it is
a reaction to the increased exposure to sunlight or heat.. or both.  This
year I've been avoiding the outdoors as much as possible, and keeping to a
room with all windows blacked out and the AC set to 69F....  I've only had a
few weeks of this treatment yet so it's too soon to say.. but so far I feel
better than I have any summer in years.  Yesterday I was outdoors from 7AM
till 9PM.. and today I'm miserable... of course it could be "psychosomatic
symptoms"... difficult to endure.....

I have suffered for over 10 years from chronic abdominal pain.  I finally
saw the doctor about this and now have a photo in my file of a "hiatal
hernia"... this is generally caused by constipation which is often caused by
stress... which is a symptom of my Bi-polar and SAD.

They also determined that I have IBS (irritable bowel syndrome). IBS is
caused by the colon spasming abnormally... they believe this is caused by
stress... which is a symptom of.. you got it.  Also constipation is one of
the intermittent symptoms of IBS.. and constipation causes.... oh yeah...
Hiatal Hernia's.....

So if I list off my diagnoses it sounds like Im a total hypocondriac (at
least it does to a skeptic like me)... but if you look a little closer.. you
can see it is all linked....  It is entirely possible that ALL of these
problems could be traced back to the fact that I run an abnormally low body
temperature.... how odd.

Ray "Grymm" Rodriguez III
Lake Ariel, PA
CORSA member
66' Corsa 140/4 coupe
65' Corsa 140/4 coupe (under construction and almost done!)
63' Monza PG coupe (next project)