<VV> Radios WAS No-option cars

kenpepke at juno.com kenpepke at juno.com
Tue Jun 15 19:41:42 EDT 2010

In the 50s and on into the Corvair era it was common practice to buy a new car without a radio then buy one from a junkyard ... Even into the mid 60s the junkyard did a pretty good business in used radios, enough that every working radio was removed and put on the shelf.
Ken P

"Bill Elliott" <corvair at fnader.com> wrote:

Radios are so easy to add that I'd bet there are more "radio delete" cars

left with radios than still without... and back when you could still do
this, I've bought a new "stripper" car and had the dealership throw in some
options that could be dealer added.... even did this with A/C once... in
1987!

Bill