<VV> Radios WAS No-option cars

tkalp at cox.net tkalp at cox.net
Wed Jun 16 00:07:09 EDT 2010

In the Fall of 1969 when I ordered my '70 'Cuda it was with the radio delete.  AM/FM radios were just becoming popular, but were an expensive option on a new car (around $100 on a $3000 car IIRC) while aftermarket AM/FM radios could be bought for $30-$40.  Also I didn't want an antenna breaking up the great lines of the car.  So I bought and installed an aftermarket radio and stuffed the antenna back up under the dash.  Luckily there were several decent FM stations nearby.

tkalp
wichita, ks