<VV> Tire pressures

Eric Prosise eprosise at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 15 21:03:48 EDT 2010

If I still worked for the tire company, I could show you pictures of what happens when you dont pay attention to the maximum inflation pressure.  Those pressures are for running at maximum tire-load carrying capacity (not necessarily car-load capacity).

Front Pressure in the upper Teens to mid-20s, and rear pressure in the mid-20's to mid-30s seems to be the average of everyone.

Also, pay attention to your spare tire - run it at your rear tire pressure, you can always let air out.
That being said - if you carry a temporary spare, and it is rated at a lower pressure then your standard tires - DONT exceed the temp-a-spare pressure.  Trust me.  Also, do not run it at a higher speed then specified on the sidewall.   They are not made like car tires - the plies are different, construction completely different.  Basically, they are more like an ATV tire then a Car tire.

Eric P.

Dewitt, IA