<VV> Engine reinstall

Ron ronh at owt.com
Wed Jun 16 13:50:24 EDT 2010

It isn't just O rings, all the sheet metal should be removed, cleaned,
derusted and painted.  The heads should be cleaned externally and deflashed
if it hasn't been done yet.  Remove and clean out the fins on the oil cooler
and reinstall it with new seals.  Check the oil pan and remove it for dent
removal if it doesn't look good.  Paint it and reinstall it with a new
gasket.  Of course you will clean, derust and paint the valve vovers before
you reinstall them.
Oh, there's lots to do.  Check and fix everything else, like the thermostats
and thermostat doors.  You'll be busy for a while.
RonH