<VV> Engine reinstall

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 23:58:45 EDT 2010

Gerry, you never know what you will have, so when I bought my car two years
ago, a 1 owner 62 coupe with only 66K on it, I took the engine assy out and
changed every seal and gasket on the bellhousing and pulley ends, did the
top cover, removed, flushed and cleaned the oil cooler, lapped the oil pump
cover plate free of scratches and set that clearance with a new gasket and
plastiguage, deflashed the heads, and pulled and repainted all the tin
shrouds too. I also changed the gaskets and seals in the trans and diff, and
replaced the fan hub and idler bearings, mine were rough. My car currently
does not leak a drop.

The push rod tube seals and valve covers were dry so I left them alone. Most
oil comes from the top cover, change out those gaskets and I suggest you get
Clark's shakeproof bolts to put that back on with to prevent loose bolts
later on.  Mark Durham