<VV> Parts Inventory System

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 17 14:54:17 EDT 2010

This is sorta a cool idea Ian, but --

>If you have a spreadsheet listing of the parts you have on hand, ...

ROFLMAO

I'm sure many of us here started stashing parts away when spreadsheets
were kept by hand because computers were house sized buildings full of
vacuum tubes.  Most likely we may have a vague idea that that box or
shelf is distributors and such and this one might be interior trim, plus
whatever else may have fallen in over the last forty years, and that box
over there is radios -- vacuum tube radios (that probably don't work).

Now you younger guys may have the inclination to start with a
computerized inventory -- great idea, remember a column for location of
the part -- but the folks that already have a barn or two full of parts
probably aren't going to think now is the time to spend a couple years
"doing inventory" ... the last "barn of parts" that I know of that was
for sale went begging for a buyer --

Bill Strickland